Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tuna Ala Porterville

Let's start at the very beginning. I love food, I love to cook and love to entertain. I love shoes too. When I do entertain I like to try new things and am always in search of the next perfect recipe. I love designing, looking for the next quick fix, shortcut, that thing that makes life just a bit easier.

Kindly note I am not a Five Star Chef where I measure everything to the T. Mostly it's Jamie Oliver style. In this blog I will be sharing my own personal recipes and with it share some photos while doing it.

Being a step-Mom to a few teenagers and the only thing they can think of is food. My current motto is the simpler the better. For that matter the quicker the better.

Just this weekend we stayed in in a chalet in Porterville next to the mountains, BLISS. If you should ask me what I did for the weekend, I can proudly say nothing. The guys did the bike, quadbike and walking thing, me I was a total couch potato, lost in my latest little Ghostwalker novel by Christine Feehan which I got for a bargain price at Bargain Books. Just now and again lifting my head enjoying the view, taking a sigh....., thinking of the next meal.......

I started the weekend off with my latest invention called the Tuna Supreme ala Porterville Style. If you only have a two plate stove, two pots and one hour to fill those hungry tummies, then this is the meal for you.

Your ingredients :

1 packet of 500g pasta (macaroni, wheels) anything that looks pretty.

2 tins tuna (water not oil)

1 tin whole corn

200g cheese cut in small blocks

1/4 onion finely chopped

1/4 red/yellow/green pepper

1 packet green salad/rocket shredded

salt & lemon pepper to taste

For the sauce, cup mayonnaise

The Method :

Follow the instructions on the packet for the pasta,drain and cool off.

In a separate bowl drain the tuna chunks, whole corn and mix. Chop the onion, green peppers, cheese into the mix. Mix the mayonnaise into the tuna mixture. After the pasta has cooled off mix the tuna mixture into the pasta. Add the shredded green/rocket into the pasta mixture. Season with salt & pepper. Toss once or twice. Add a few shredded leaves on top to make it look all dolled up. Presto, a meal under a hour and this is a total teenage friendly dish.

Enjoy.

PS Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie. ~Jim Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog post, it is so much appreciated.