Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Recreate

The first time I got to know Recreate was at a Design Indaba in Cape Town. It was the first stall I saw when I walked in at the show and the last I went to before I left. Recreate totally bowled me over and I walked away with a ton of ideas and pictures in my mind. I just could not believe what they could do with old/used furniture.

Recreate uses pieces of discarded junk and by recreating, creates a unique, recycled range of furniture, lighting and interior accessories. Each furniture piece keeps its own character but with a new function, so a suitcase becomes a chair. A scale a clock, something useful that can be used and is extremely fun to look at and be part of.

Here just some of Recreates fun, individual, characterful furniture.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog post, it is so much appreciated.