Thursday, January 24, 2013

Exploring Cape Town

Sometimes you just have to play tourist in your own city and set forth like David Livingstone and explore everything and anything around you. You might be surprised what you could find by just looking up or down.

Here's a challenge instead of staying indoors in your lunch hour, take that hour break put on some comfortable shoes and explore. Another something to think about, let the colors find you, not you the colors and when looking at something think of all the color possibilities imaginable and then some.

Think how to apply this to your every day life, art, work, home. Life needs to be filled with color. I always tell my "kids" (my 4-7 year old class) when they want to color in a picture by only using one color - life is to boring not to be filled with color. I always send them back to use more colors - they are so cute and by now when they do the show and tells everything is colorful like a rainbow. I just luv, luv, luv it.

Just so you know all these photies was taken on my bb while exploring - and this only in a vicinity of 3 blocks give or take.  So you see there is always something to see, feel, explore.....

Here are a few David Livingstone quotes to inspire you ...... (source Brainyquote)

I determined never to stop until I had come to the end and achieved my purpose.


I will go anywhere, provided it is forward.

 If you have men who will only come if they know there is a good road, I don't want them. I want men who will come if there is no road at all.


 This is us exploring the markets in and around Cape Town City Centre.
 This is part of the sum of "us" looking at negotiating towards the look good factor.
 This is just a feast for the eyes - all the combinations.
 Bring forth Africa Explorers
 Luved the amberness of the beads
 A new use for those old records.
 Never forget to look down .......
 Don't forget to look up either....


StGeorgesMallCapeTown from Litsje on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog post, it is so much appreciated.