Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Otter Trail

I'm embarking on another Cape Town Ramble, or not so Cape Tonian Ramble so to speak but a Ramble nonetheless. In one year's time my friends and I are doing the Otter Trail, which is the premier hike in South Africa. The hike that you just have to do if you're a hiker.

The Otter Trail is a hiking trail along the Garden Route and is named after the Cape Clawless Otter. This trail starts at the Storms River Mouth and ends at Natures Valley. Most of the trail is within the Tsitsikamma National Park which is along the most beautiful forest and beaches in South Africa.


What this means is I have one year to climb those hills, walk in those boots, get the gear together and give myself pep talks all the way. At the moment I'm not one of the fittest people I know, so this is going to be a total challenge.

The trail is very scenic but you have to climb very steeply and descend to the beach and have to cross a few rivers at low tide.

In total it's a 5 day hike consisting a total of 41km, it doesn't sound far, but it's the steep mountains and climbs which is the challenge. This would mean I have to give Table Mountain and Lions Head a go a couple of times this year in preparation for next year.



This is my challenge for 2013 going into 2014.

My thought for today - Life is full of possibilities, challenges and dreams. All we need to do, is get up and do it, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less. It's to make those dreams with their challenges a reality. I'm going to do it. If you have a dream with their challenges, just know that everything and anything is possible. Give yourself a chance, you might be suprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog post, it is so much appreciated.