Thursday, January 16, 2014

Clay Cafe Hout Bay

Clay Cafe in Hout Bay is one of those gems you find in your search of creative things to try. It's for "us" people who never would have had any opportunity to make or paint things on clay and to finish it off with that all important glaze. It's an amazing open space where you can sit down, go forth and just do your thing. There is a small little cafe and the nibbles do help with the creative process.

You start the process with choosing your items, your paints and all those little extras you "think" you want to incorporate into your pieces. During the process you chat with your friends, give each other tips, laugh at the "mistakes" you think you make. It's just so much fun, it's something you just have to do. Great Stress Reliever.

The story of my two mugs - the joy of looking through all the colors and choosing the three I really love.




Starting the painting process and making sure that I even out all those little bubbles.


My finished little two mugs all ready for the firing oven. 


After waiting patiently for 10 days - the all important call came to fetch me - and here's my little mugs all glossy and clean ready for it's first use as a coffee cup.


My recommendation is to venture forth - get creative - it's loads of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog post, it is so much appreciated.