Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tunneling in Cape Town

Some time ago my bestest maaqi and I did the tunneling expedition or it could be better described as an exploring expedition.  Us walking through some history "underground" in Cape Town's tunnels. This is not an excursion for the feint hearted, claustrophobics, or those afraid of all things glowing in the dark. What I can say is that it is an interesting experience. You start at the Castle and end at the Castle with a pair of gumboots and a flashlight in hand. Through the walk you get to see a few architectural elements, stalactites and some natural life. The tunnels are surprisingly enough very well ventilated. As you walk you can hear the cars humming away in the background on top. Should this be on your bucket list of things to do in Cape Town, definitely, would I do it again,







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog post, it is so much appreciated.