Monday, October 21, 2013

Creating your Own Clipboard

This is such an easy project to make. I made this one for my daughter to keep all her notes together.
 
All you need is a paintbrush, some acrylic and/or craft paint, a hard board / craft board (this you can get at any craft shop) not that expensive either. A bulldog clip, various stamps if you have any lying around. Watercolor paint if you want to use some. I used Matt glazed varnish to varnish everything when I was done.
 
 
Firstly I painted the board with white acrylic paint, dried it with my dryer.
 
 
 
 I used a watercolour brush to paint over my acrylic and lino stamps and stamped it over the dried white acrylic paint. Don't worry if these look all smudgy, one can never go wrong.
 
 
Again I just dried it with the dryer into the designs I wanted. I used the pinks and white as it was a gift for my daughter and she wanted all the butterflies, flowers and birds.
 
 
After drying the clipboard I used matt varnish to give it that finished off look.


I'm so proud of this little project it took about an hour to make from start to finish.
I'm thinking of making a few more, a bit smaller and put this into small little goodie bags for all my friends for Christmas.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog post, it is so much appreciated.