Thursday, September 6, 2012

Doodle Runner Tutorial

I'm sharing another quick tutorial on how to make a Doodle Runner. This is so quick and easy. All you need is your imagination and that's it.


 To start all you need is one piece of calico or something similar or in fact any long piece of material you have around the home you have no idea what you want to do with.
 I used an Acrylic painting pen to draw the doodles.
No worries, just start with a flower or line and move from there, you can't go wrong.
Doodles are what they are Doodles.
 I mix my paints and used acrylic as well as fabric paints to paint my runner. I had some glitter paint and glittered a few places here and there just so that the candlelight would pick up the glitter effect.
A stunning effect actually. The fun thing about a doodle runner is that it doesn't have to be perfect, the shapes, doodles don't have to be in line. It's a mismatch of shapes, lines, colors, effects and that's the fun thing about this runner.
In the end you have one long doodle runner for your table.
This photo was taken by candlelight so the colors are a bit on the softish side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog post, it is so much appreciated.