Friday, September 21, 2012

Maureen Visage Ceramic Inspiration

I love ceramics and when I saw Maureen's work in a local magazine it got me inspired to look at some more of her work. I luv her girls it makes me think of happiness, blissfullness, summerishness - just to be in that moment of nothingness. If you would like to see some more of her work mowzy on over to her website. She is also a Cape Townian girl like me and what I like is that the mountain speaks to all of us in some form or another. Today is also one of those rainy Cape Townian days and if you are wondering what to do this weekend, galleries is a good bet, it's cozy it's indoors and inspirational.

I'm also sharing a few places you can visit this weekend art gallery wise. There is the Iziko South African National Gallery which is open from Tuesdays to Sundays from 10am to 5pm. The gallery is on Government Avenue. There is the Cape Gallery which is on 60 Church Street and is worth a visit. The Ava Gallery is also at 35 Church Street. This is more a visual arts gallery. The iArt Gallery in 71 Loop Street is another worthwhile visit. Along the same route you have the Erdmann Contemporary Gallery in 63 Shortmarket Street which focuses on sculptors and conceptual artists. Another Gallery at 61 Shortmarket Street is G2Art. The Joao Ferreira Gallery on 80 Hout Street focusses on the promotion of contemporary visual artists. There you go - go make this an art / gallery / inspirational weekend.

 

2 comments:

  1. HI - Thanks so much for showing some of my work! There are some great new examples on my website - bottom of Recent page.

    xx
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm mowsing over right now. I love the girls.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog post, it is so much appreciated.