Saturday, September 22, 2012

Salt Afrodelft Inspiration

Good food needs good crockery that's a given. I'm one of those people who don't believe that you put your best plates away for when visitors come. Good crockery is there to be used - and I use mine. There is nothing better than having quirky crockery either, it brings the fun to food. If we have to eat, and we do, then at least it needs to work on our senses, what we see, what we feel, what we smell, what we taste. Being South African we have so much cultures to inspire us. Salt-Afrodelft gives a new meaning to local is lekker. In the Salt-Afrodelft series there will be something that would speak to you, from the local is lekker side to the flowery side, to the birds in flight. If you need some inspiration for good crockery visit them for all the local suppliers. Me myself I'm thinking of getting the "plaas" series. It just speaks to the luv of all those open spaces in me. Reminds me of visiting the grandparents on the plaas when I was still a toddler. The plaas series would go well with some homemade melktert/milktart. PS the miltart recipe will follow shortly - then we're really going local is lekke all the way. Melktert make such a luverly Sunday afternoon snack for tea time.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog post, it is so much appreciated.